We attended the Tanzania Assemblies of God (TAG) General Council for our final time last week in Dodoma Tanzania.
If I could choose a theme for this council, it would be “Celebrating the Journey”. The TAG is 75 years old and has come from a time when all the leaders/pastors could meet together in one room to today; meeting in the huge Udome in Dodoma that would probably seat near 10,000 and at times there were was not enough seats for all in attendance. Over 4,500 ministers were registered for this conference.
There were too many wonderful things that happened to mention them all, but here are a few highlights:
- About 156 Evangelists were commissioned
- 300 Pastors were ordained
- Nine new missionaries were commissioned bringing the total foreign TAG missionaries to 14.
- Over 300 ministers were called into missions during the missions service
- Over 8,000 new churches were promised to be established within the next two years.
There were awesome moves of God’s Spirit over the course of the 3 day conferences which resulted in pastors and leaders making commitments to greater service, deeper walks of faith and commitments to become church planters.
The TAG has grown to about 7,500 churches with about that same number of pastors. They have two more years left of their decade of harvest to reach their goals of 10,000 churches and 10,000 pastors.
I am convinced that they will reach that goal thanks to the mighty move of the Holy Spirit throughout the course of this General Council. To God Be the Glory!